I am going to make this short because I am preparing for a trip to take my kids skiing this week. My wife is ditching us because she is not a big skier and has always wanted to have the house all to herself for a few days so she is going to realize that dream. She is the glue for our family and serves us every day all day so I am glad she is doing something for herself. Mom’s rock!
Anyway, I was reading an article on Inc.com about happiness and I thought I would share the highlights with you, but I encourage you to read it in full HERE. Top 10 ways to practice being happy and how a ski vacation fits perfectly:
- Exercise: Hitting the slopes when they open and riding until the close. Check
- Sleep more: After you ski all day, sleep is not hard to find. Check
- Spend more time with family: Getting my kids away from their friends AND DEVICES will be incredible. Check
- Get outside more. You can’t get more outside than being in the mountains. Check
- Help others more. There is no doubt we will have an opportunity to help someone up after a hard crash or we might even let some people cut in line. Check (Okay this might be a stretch but we will see what we can do.)
- Smile. We will be smiling so much it will hurt. Check
- Plan a trip. Or take one in this case. Check
- Meditate. There is nothing like riding that lift and looking around at the mountains and the incredible gifts God gave us. There is something spiritual about that. Check
- Move close to work. I just quit my job and work out of my house so I can’t get much closer than that. Check
- Practice gratitude. I start every day of my life being grateful and we have been looking forward to this trip for months and talking about how lucky we are to get to go. Check
Spring break is here and I hope that you are taking advantage of it in some way. Vacations, even if just for a few days can create incredible memories that will last you a lifetime. From our family to yours, I hope you get to do something fun with your start to spring.
PS Happy St. Patric’s Day!!! I am drinking a green beer and thinking about you all.