If your spine is out of alignment it could really screw things up. Your central nervous system may stop communicating information between your body and your brain which could lead to massive headaches, significant amounts of stress, problems with your digestive system and an overall deterioration of your health.
Now think about your business relationships. Are you aligned there?
- Do your supplier’s actions actually support your business objectives?
- Is their current path on a crash course with your path or are they running in parallel?
- Will their current actions and stated future goals be good for your business or will they hurt you in the long term? Do their “stated goals” match up with their actions?
- How much time do your suppliers spend asking YOU about what you’re trying to accomplish? If I were to call your top 3 “partners” could they speak clearly about your business goals and how their company was going to help you find success?
- Straight up and down…what are their intentions and do they serve your interest at the same time?
If you are not doing business with the right people it’s costing you money whether you realize it or not. Keep pushing to find real partners that genuinely want you to be successful and demonstrate that in their actions every day. It’s what they do; not what they say. You’ve been around long enough to know when someone is kissing ass vs. being real and working FOR YOU. The ass kissers are manipulators just wanting to push their own agenda and are rarely if ever, acting in your best interest so beware.
Funny thing but a bad business relationship is that they can also cause headaches, significant amounts of stress, problems with your digestive system and an overall deterioration of your health. Are you in need of an adjustment?
Bonus Question: Who was the best television character ass kisser of all time? The first correct answer gets a free Dos Marcos t-shirt so don’t get it wrong!
Dwight Schrute from The Office gets my vote.